Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Birth Month Musings

 

 

  • My birthday was two weeks ago. I am thirty two, which I have always thought is a classy, intriguing, alluring age to be. Hope my life this year is ditto.
  • I got rid of the pesky cyst..the day after my birthday. Mum says its my new birth. Em says with the cyst I must believe I got rid of all accumulated angst of the past years. Now I am a new person. Not that it feels any different!
  • I have been surprised with warmth from unexpected quarters and am very grateful for it. I have also been confused with coldness from unexpected quarters. I am grateful for that too. I have had time, and experiences to think about what my paradigm of relationships is.
  • I got to meet and spend time with an old friend, from another lifetime in this life. I felt the years melt away. I got in touch with who I once was, and what I was loved for. I was able to access my primal behaviour of trust and confidence, and realized with a shock how much I now am wary..of most people and things!
  • I reclaimed a part of my childhood by spending agenda-less time in the house I grew up in. I sat in old familiar nooks, smelled the friendly fragrances. I want to spend some months there, and live with my parents for a bit again. Really do. Maybe a sabbatical next year will be the right thing.
  • I experienced unconditional love, and unconditional support at home and at work. I am grateful for where I am today.
  • I got over the desire to buy a new flashy phone. Its making me feel smug and superior that I did not allow myself to succumb to materialistic trappings to become happy.:-D
  • I rediscovered how much I love April. The flowers, the greens, the parrots and the cuckoos and the bulbuls and the tiny sparrows that play outside my window. I love the smell of april. I love the sounds of april. I love the breezes of april.
  • I feel calmer. Relaxed. Even surefooted now, in a tranquil way. Hope this is not complacence.

 

 

No comments: